TPC 6 Linux OS Details
The TPC 6 Linux operating system was developed specifically for its industry-leading range of thin-client systems. TPC 6 Linux features a user-friendly design together with flexibility, connectivity, security and multimedia capabilities.
TPC 6 Linux incorporates an efficient modular component upgrade capability for both the operating system and installed applications – and user-friendly, ‘zero touch’ INI file remote-configuration technology.
TPC 6 Linux allows easy connection to servers using popular protocols and tools, including the Citrix Receiver with StoreFront, VMware Horizon View, Microsoft RDP 8, 2X and NX – to name but a few.
Other features include
- Quick boot times.
- User snapshots – revert to user-defined configurations.
- Peer update – follow master and update all machines in the network.
- USB device manager – manage USB devices by vendor, product ID, make and model.
- Repository manager – easily add, remove and update protocols and applications.
- Firewall – restrict by IP, ports and URLs.
- Crontab – execute pre-defined tasks at a particular time and/or interval.
- Digital certificate manager.
- AD, LDAP and local user authentication.
- Single sign-on support.
- Appliance mode – use only assigned protocols and/or applications.
- Modular user access control – restrict usage of advanced functionality by user.
- Restore factory settings, without disturbing connection-related configurations.
- Services – CUPS, LPD, SAMBA, FCron, SNMPd, VNC, SMB, IPP, LPD and JetDirect printing with PrintQueue management – devices can also act as print servers using the JetDirect mechanism.
- Fail-over, multi-session and ending option for connections.
- Custom partitioning option to utilise unused storage.
- Custom scripts and environment variables.
- Support for locally attached USB scanners.
- Run limited Windows applications, using Wine.
- JavaWebStart and JavaNetworkLaunchProtocol support.
- Tool for recording, saving and playback of audio and video.
- Tightly managed by UDM Premium option.